Madden 17 Franchise news
Play the Moment :
- A full game using this option should take 15 to 20 minutes.
- Users can choose different feed styles for the plays that are simmed. “Quick” takes you to directly to the next user-controlled play, “normal” shows more play-by-play, and the third option is for real-time.
- There are options to play offense or defense only.
- The simmed plays will be geared toward a 120-play count in terms of tabulating stats, etc. This is regardless of the length of your quarters.
This replaces Gameprep even though it retains some of the same elements.
- The computer analyzes what the upcoming opponent does and does not do well, and gives you a gameplan with drills to counter that.
- Perform well in a gameplan drill (like cover 2, for instance) and your players will get a boost when you call cover 2 plays that week. Plays that are a part of that week’s gameplan will be highlighted during playcalling.
- If you get a gold medal in a drill, you can sim that drill going forward and get the boost so you don’t have to repeat it.
- There are situational gameplans such as working on your red zone defense.
- You can practice a gameplan simply to boost players you want rather than scheme against an opponent.
- There are more drills in skills trainer, and they will earn XP for all players at that position.
- Free practice is still included.
- You can choose three players to undergo focus training, which is not drills-based. The three you pick are saved and remembered from week to week. Even if you don’t use focus training, players will still earn XP.
- Confidence is no longer a part of the weekly training. It’s now tied more to the team’s overall win/loss record. Individual gametime confidence modifiers still exist, but they’re not as big of a deal this year.
- Drive goals are less granular and are more based on that player’s career or season milestones. However, drive goals’ context should be more appropriate this year.
- Coaches’ XP packages are now tied to overall position groups (like offensive line) than specific positions (like guards, centers, etc.). Big-name coaches will start with fewer packages this year.
- Players are put onto the 10-man squad before the regular season.
- Practice squad players develop through regular week-to-week training and can be chosen for focus training (see above).
- They appear in your normal depth chart screen, and you can filter to see the practice squad of other teams.
- Players eligible for the practice squad will be designated as such in the free agent screen.
Players can be brought off of injury lists sooner than expected.
- If you decide to play them early, they have a greater chance of being re-injured. If that happens they will be out for even longer.
- Injuries are related to your practice squad in that a depleted roster could force you to sign from your or another team’s practice squad.
The Draft, Free Agency & The Offseason
- Regression has been smoothed out so attributes drop more across the board instead of there being a large drop in one attribute. The team says the average drop should be a few points per attribute per season.
- Player regression will surface in the CFM “Things to Do” main menu as well as an added “Progression History” tab onto players’ cards.
- The trade and resigning logic has been retuned.
- Free agency hasn’t been overhauled or reimagined, unfortunately, but it’s easier to access information like your depth chart during the process.
- No fifth-year options, RFAs, or more extensive contract options.
- More busts and gems have been added to the draft.
- Players’ development trait is now dynamic, so if a player busts out and gets Rookie of the Year, for instance, their development trait will level up.
Presentation & Players
- The in-game camera will highlight your coach, who is more active on the sideline.
- More cameras, post-play cuts use more cameras, and the pylon cam has been added.
- Presentation banners will call out your new rookies, free agents, and injured players on the field, and the commentary will mention them. For more on the game’s commentary, click here.
- 170-plus heads have been scanned from actors with a range of diversity for use with created characters, coaches, and drafted players.
- Madden 17 has a full player editor for commissioners. This includes contracts, attributes, traits, and much more. Any changes are noted on the franchise’s transaction log.
- News from around the NFL and for draft prospects is now back in front of your CFM menu and not buried.